|Title:||Senior Contract Specialist III|
|Position Category:||Program Management|
|Security Clearance:||Public Trust|
|Location:||Washington DC 20005|
Senior Contract Specialist III
Acquisition Professionals LLC is looking for a Senior Contract Specialist III to support our client in Washington, DC. The Senior Contract Specialist III will provide personnel with the ability to quickly grasp procurement terms, methodologies, and processes, prepare contract files and associated electronic documentation and create procurement actions (e.g., contract, order, mod) for execution of all subsequent orders places against the BPS. Below are some of the positions responsibilities and required skills and qualifications:
- Assist the Contracting Officer in conducting reviews of acquisition documents submitted by the Program Office to determine adequacy and sufficiency. Such as, market research reports, acquisition plans, request for quotes, request for proposals, etc.
- Support the Contracting Officer in source selections and will be required to sign Organizational Conflicts of Interest (OCI) and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDAs). All source selection evaluation information made accessible to Contractor personnel shall be protected and treated as “Source Selection Sensitive” information as defined in FAR 2.101 and pursuant to 3.104, Procurement Integrity. All source selection information shall be marked as such.
- Prepare modifications for various contractual actions to include, but not limited to, contracts, purchase/delivery/task orders, blanket purchase agreements, indefinite delivery contracts, as necessary.
- Complete all assigned orders within the agency’s and CO’s established milestones.
- Complete and handle all files in accordance with acquisition regulations and client’s local policies and procedures.
- Administer and/or closeout Government contractual vehicles in accordance with regulatory guidance and client’s procedures.
- Participate in meetings as required. Meetings include acquisition planning meetings, pre-award conferences, periodic progress review meetings and other meetings as required by the Contracting Officer. During period review meetings, the Contracting Officer (CO) and/or Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) will address performance issues, if any, and appropriate actions to be taken. Attendance in the meetings shall be at no extra cost to the Government.
- Assist the Contracting Officer in preparing responses to Freedom of Information Requests and Protests actions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field with at least 24 semester hours in business related coursework in the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- 8 years of experience in federal contracting.
- DAWIA or FAC-C Level III desired.
- Knowledgeable of the FAR.
- In-depth working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies.
- Ability to perform complex cost and/or price analysis functions.
- Knowledgeable and experience using electronic media, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power-Point, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
Must be a United States Citizen.