|Title:||Transportation Research Analyst II|
Transportation Research Analyst II
Acquisition Professionals LLC is looking to fill an immediate position for a Transportation Research Analyst II for a current client. Serves as the technical expert on written and editorial policy matters while working in a fast-paced, deadline driven organization. Collectively undertakes, implements and report on international transportation policy assignments which will support the research and analytic requirements of the office to advance the Department’s international policy agenda in a wide range of geographic and modal subject areas. Creates, analyze, write, and edit materials including drafting speeches on administration priorities, fact sheets, talking points, briefing papers, and questions and answers. Editing, copyediting, and proofreading, as well as sometimes reorganize drafts, rewriting sections, and provide writing assistance for all correspondence generated within the office. Below are the position responsibilities, skills and qualifications:
- Review, analysis and monitoring of policy trends in international transportation and current DOT policies and programs in support of the office's international strategic planning for the Department.
- Provide research and analytic support to the office's oversight and coordination of the Department's intermodal activities related to transportation relations with Brazil, China, India, Mexico and Canada, and other transportation partners.
- Provide research and analytic support to the office's coordination with Departmental offices in the formulation and implementation of technical cooperation programs and policy engagement in major bilateral and multi-lateral meetings with key international partners.
- Coordinate office engagement through public outreach campaigns in support of programs such as Human Trafficking and Women in Transportation.
- Create, analyze, write, and edit materials including drafting speeches on administration priorities, facts sheets, talking points, briefing papers, and questions and answers related to the Department’s international functions.
- Edit, copyedit and proofread, and as necessary, reorganize drafts, rewriting sections, and provide writing assistance for all correspondence generated within the office.
- Broad knowledge of principles, skills and processes of correspondence management sufficient to collaborate with multiple authors on a work product and meet the information needs of different audiences.
- Broad knowledge of key international transportation policy decisions, concepts and issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the technical and policy dimensions of the individual transportation modes as they relate to international transportation and trade, intermodal connectivity and the international supply chain.
- Demonstrated understanding of the international cooperation organizations as they relate to U.S. international transportation policy and relations.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out programmatic, technical and quantitative analysis in support of the office's plans, programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong writing, presentation and oral expression skills.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in writing, editing and speech writing including 2 years of experience in the context of international transportation and trade policy, or combination therein.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Transportation Management or related discipline.
- Eight or more years of experience in the training, modeling and simulation, and performance improvement domain areas.
- Relevant professional experience can be considered commensurate with a formal degree.
- Experience making clear oral and written presentations to explain competing perspectives.
- Experience working under pressure and coordinating the work/input of multiple stakeholders without sacrificing quality or timeliness of work product.
- Experience adjusting to frequent changes in policies, procedures, and priorities.
Must be a United States Citizen.
Acquisition Professionals LLC is a small Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned and HUBZone company. We offer a competitive salary and compensation benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, matching 401k, tax free transit subsidy, paid federal government holidays and paid time off. Acquisition Professionals LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to creating an all-inclusive environment for all employees. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.