|Title:||Contract Closeout Specialist|
|Security Clearance:||Public Trust|
Contract Closeout Specialist
Acquisition Professionals LLC is looking to fill an immediate position for a Contract Closeout Specialist for our client in Washington, DC. This position will perform all contract closeout functions in accordance with current closeout policies and procedures. Below are the position responsibilities, skills and qualifications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide internal and external customer service, answer telephones, enter information/data into the computer, and prepare correspondence and other documents related to contract closeout.
- Properly review to determine the need for closeout and development closeout plan per contract and review with the Contract Specialist
- Maintain a tracking log to provide accountability to the Contract Specialist on status
- Prepare a contractor release of claims letter and coordinate the document with the Contracting Officer and appropriate business/vendor.
- Have the ability and utilize proficiently the Government contract writing system and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Be able to draft DD Form 1594 closeout documents, de-obligation modifications in the Government contract writing system and any other document deemed necessary for contract closeout
- Be able to assist the Contracting Officer in analyzing closeout information of highly complex cost/firm fixed price contracts.
- Be able to interpret, analyze, and summarize Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) reports without Government instruction or training.
- Possess the ability to work independently with minimal training and oversight.
- Physically account for all contract files pending close out.
- Responsible for the staging process of contract files in accordance with (IAW) contract retention policies and regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring closeout files are properly stored in identified facilities in accordance with FAR close-out retention periods
- Prepare contract modification(s) using contract writing system
- De-obligate excess funds and prepare release of claims
- A minimum of two (2) years of Contract Closeout experience
- Contract Closeout: 2 years (Required)
Must be a United States Citizen.
*Position pending upon Government award.
Acquisition Professionals LLC is a small Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned and HUBZone company. We offer a competitive salary and compensation benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, matching 401k, tax free transit subsidy, paid federal government holidays and paid time off. Acquisition Professionals LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to creating an all-inclusive environment for all employees. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.