Responsibilities & Duties:
- Receives visitors to the Foundation and refers each visitor to the appropriate person or office. As necessary, verifies visitors' identify. Assures all visitors' names, date and time of visit, and person visited are recorded. In accordance with Foundation requirements, determines the need and arranges for an escort for visitors.
- Operate telephone automatic switchboard, placing and receiving a variety of local and long distance calls. Receive telephone calls in a professional and tactful manner, determining the nature of the inquiry/question and transferring the caller to the appropriate staff member or organization. Apply various special procedures governing different types of local and long distance calls. Handles emergency calls such as: fire alarms, calls for police, or ambulance service. Report equipment problems to maintenance personnel.
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail. Opens and reads mail that is undesignated and determines routing by subject matter. Places mail in the appropriate distribution box designated for each staff member or organization. Prepare outgoing mail for external delivery through the Post Office (USPS), Federal Express, or other delivery method. This requires use of a variety of specialized forms and equipment to weigh mail and affix postage.
- Perform office automation work using software to include word processing, electronic mail, and electronic spreadsheet. The work is performed in the context of office clerical support. Sets up and maintains files in accordance with the record management requirements. Maintains and uses personnel lists, directories and other reference materials required to facilitate assignments.
- Ensure the reception area is neat, orderly, and stocked with appropriate pamphlets and brochures for public distribution.
- As instructed, perform a variety of administrative and clerical support for headquarter offices and divisions. This may include, but is not limited to, filing, typing schedules, letters, forms and other documents; entering and checking data; searching for print and/or electronic information and organizing the results; setting up and maintaining tickler systems; proofreading and other checking assignments; sending out electronic or print notices; and setting up appointments and itineraries.
- Backup for scanning USADF required support documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Years of Experience, Education / Certification & Clearance)
- Three years of work related experience
- High School diploma
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
- Skill in operating a computer, using a standard typewriter style keyboard with additional function keys to produce work accurately and efficiently. Also, skill in operating related equipment, such as printers and copiers, as required.
- Knowledge of processing procedures and function keys required to execute at least several basic office automation functions such as storing and retrieving electronic documents or files, activating a printer, inserting and deleting text, printing standardized paragraphs from a glossary, producing letters and memoranda, creating a basic spreadsheet, and entering data into a spreadsheet or database, retrieving data from specified electronic records, and transmitting and receiving electronic mail.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and terminology commonly used in office settings to prepare material correctly.
- Customer service orientation, courteous, responsive. Strong verbal and written communication skills
Acquisition Professionals LLC is a small Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned and HUBZone company. We offer a competitive salary and compensation benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, matching 401k, tax free transit subsidy, paid federal government holidays and paid time off. Acquisition Professionals LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to creating an all-inclusive environment for all employees. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.