|Title:||Junior Contract Specialist II|
|Security Clearance:||Public Trust|
Junior Contract Specialist II
Acquisition Professionals LLC is looking for a Junior Contract Specialist II to support our client in Alexandria, VA. The Junior Contract Specialist II will demonstrate proven experience with the responsibilities, required skills, and qualifications as listed below:
- Assist in creating requirements and acquisition planning documents, including but not limited to: milestone plans, acquisition plans, market research information supporting small business coordination records, cost estimates, performance work statements (PWS)/statements of work (SOW)/statement of objectives (SOO), quality assurance surveillance plans, and source selection plans.
- Assemble solicitation documents (to include requests for proposal, requests for quote, solicitations, and combined synopsis/ solicitations). Select appropriate FAR and agency-specific clauses and provisions. Obtain appropriate reviews and approvals of solicitation documents based on practices within the Department of Commerce, USPTO, and the OP.
- Review responses to solicitation for compliance with solicitation requirements. Coordinate source selection activities and assist evaluators with drafting evaluation reports in accordance with the solicitation and the source selection plan.
- Coordinate exchanges with vendors, to include establishing competitive ranges and conducting and documenting negotiations when appropriate.
- Prepare all required and appropriate award documentation in accordance with the FAR and USPTO policies. Distribute official copies of awards to the appropriate parties. Prepare and distribute unsuccessful offeror letters to unsuccessful offerors. Publish appropriate notices of award. Prepare written debriefings or participate in virtual or in-person debriefings for unsuccessful offerors. Assist the Contracting Officer (CO) in preparing responses to protests.
- Support the CO and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) in monitoring and administering the contract. Conduct post-award kick-off meetings and other meetings as needed with contractors and appropriate federal personnel. Prepare all documentation associated with modifications to exercise options, incremental funding actions, and other contract changes in accordance. Maintain constant lines of communication with the COR regarding contractor performance and take the appropriate actions to respond to performance issues, including bringing it to the attention of the Contracting Officer.
- Provide weekly status updates for workload. Participate in virtual bi-weekly status meetings with the COR to discuss performance progress.
- Support process improvement initiatives. Provide feedback on potential procurement policies, guidelines, and templates. Assist in creating training materials, templates, and job aids to assist the acquisition process.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field
- 3 years of experience in federal contracting
- FAC-C/DAWIA II Certified
- Knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies.
- Experience supporting complex cost and/or price analysis functions.
- Knowledgeable and experience using electronic media, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power-Point, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
Must be a United States Citizen.
Acquisition Professionals LLC is a small Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned and HUBZone company. We offer a competitive salary and compensation benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, matching 401k, tax free transit subsidy, paid federal government holidays and paid time off. Acquisition Professionals LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to creating an all-inclusive environment for all employees. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.