Acquisition Professionals LLC. is actively recruiting for an experienced Contract Specialist III, Team Level to join our team. This position oversees scheduling, pricing, technical performance of client’s programs and cradle to grave contracting. May aid with proposal development, contract negotiation and contract compliance. Proposal preparation may include assisting with plans, specifications and financial terms of the contract
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist the Contracting Office in conducting reviews of acquisition documents (market research, acquisition plan, request for quotes and request for proposals, etc) to determine adequacy and sufficiency.
- Support the Contracting Officer in source selections and will be required to sign Organizational Conflicts of Interest (OCI) and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Prepare modifications for various contractual actions to include, but not limited to, contracts, purchase/delivery/task orders, blanket purchase agreements, indefinite delivery contracts as necessary.
- Complete all assigned orders within agency a CO’s established milestones.
- Complete and handle all files in accordance with acquisition regulations and DOL local policies and procedures.
- Administer and/or closeout Government contract vehicles in accordance with regulatory guidance and DOL procedures.
- Participate in meetings as requires. Meetings include acquisition planning meetings, pre-award conference, periodic progress review meetings and other meetings as required by the Contracting Officer.
- Assist the Contracting Officer in preparing various responses to different correspondence. (vendor requests, Freedom of Information Requests etc.
- Develop and manage regular reviews for accountability and successful management of requirements, stakeholders and vendors.
- Able to lead cradle to grave contracting process for a team of contract acquisition professionals.
- Mentor with other staff to ensure their understanding of procurement terms, methodologies and processes; how to prepare contract files and associated electronic documentation and procurement actions (e.g., contract, order, mod) for execution.
- Maintain journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system and balances and reconciles accounts.
- Review invoices and statements verifying information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolve with the submitting unit determining accounts involved.
- Review coding transactions, and processing material through data processing for application in the accounting system;
- Analyze and reconcile of computer printouts with operating unit reports (contacting units, researching causes of discrepancies, and taking action to ensure that accounts balance).
Minimum Qualifications (Years of Experience, Education / Certification & Clearance)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferable) with 24 credits in business related courses (accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management).
- 8+ years of experience in federal contracting.
- DAWIA or FAC-C Level III
- Intimate Knowledgeable of the FAR.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of PRISM
- In-depth working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies.
- Ability to perform complex cost and/or price analysis functions.
- Knowledgeable and experience using electronic media, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power-Point, etc.)
- Excellent writing skills and be able to communication effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage team of acquisition/administrative staff
Acquisition Professionals LLC is a small Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned and HUBZone company. We offer a competitive salary and compensation benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, matching 401k, tax free transit subsidy, paid federal government holidays and paid time off. Acquisition Professionals LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and are committed to creating an all-inclusive environment for all employees. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.